Wednesday, March 31, 2010


I am just learning to navigate all the options available. It is all rather new to me.
This is the painted lace book cover that I made last week.

Monday, March 29, 2010

March - perserverence.

I have been playing around with painting lace and trying to make it look worthwhile.
The first step - using mistyfuse to bond the lace to the background. At this stage I added foil so that the parts of the mistyfuse not in contact with the lace would pick up the silver foil.
then the painting with lumiere. I tried to keep to the silvery theme but in the end it was just too much so I had to do something to change it.
Some lilac tulle and some organza ribbon was in the stash so I machine stitched and fused until it looked ok. Then I took to it with the heat gun and the soldering iron. Still not pleased I set it aside to see if it spoke to me. Eventually I settled on a few beads and stitches. cut away more of the ribbon to expose the lace.
Just lined it and turned it into a note book cover.

Perserverence pays.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Well, the days are just flying by and I am not stitching much.

My current project is a small piece of embroidery to be set into the top of a music box for my grand daughter.

I have used some calico which has blotches of colour in pinks/mauves. When I was painting batting recently I used this piece of calico to cover the batting as I ironed it dry and it picked up the excess paint and looks quite good.
I have used my Embroidery machine to put her name on the fabric as I am in a bit of a hurry and now I am just stitching some simple flowers in an informal way on the fabric.

By tomorrow it should be complete and set into the box.