Monday, April 9, 2012

International Visitors to Melbourne

On Saturday I went into the city, Melbourne, to meet two needlewomen I "speak to' on the internet.  Mildred and Lyn, from Ireland and England respectively have come to Australia for the Beating Around the Bush conference in Adelaide and are visiting friends along the way.    This is the second time they have attended BATB but I was unable to meet them last time they were here.

We spent some time looking around the Queen Victoria Market which is quite a tourist attraction in Melbourne. check it out here

I couldn't finish this post earlier as I was babysitting the twin girls next door.  One kept touching the keys on the laptop while the other ran off with the mouse.  They thought it was really funny.  mmmm

Anyway I wanted to say that it is such a wonderful thing to be able to be in touch with like minded people the world over.  I have been lucky enough to meet some of these cyber friends and it is always a matter of old friends catching up with so much in common.

We should always be wary of  protecting our privacy and our designs etc but there is not doubt the technology we have at our fingertips can offer us so much.

No comments: