Monday, November 2, 2015

Beautiful gifts from dear friends.

 Today I received a parcel in the post from my friend Linda.  I have never had hand knitted socks before and these are gorgeous,  warm and comfortable.   Linda and I have been friends for several years although we have only spent time together on two occasions.  Our love of textiles, photography and the countryside underpins our friendship and I will treasure these socks. 






Yesterday I also received a gift from a friend.  Norma and her husband John are preparing to move home and when we caught up on Sunday Norma mentioned that there were a few things that she had put aside for me - would I like to pick them up before they move?    There were threads and needle and scissors and a very old book.  The book had been passed down to Norma from her mother and is very old. 





I am looking forward to reading this book and it will be passed down to someone who will appreciate and love it.

Do you have any old needlework books that you treasure?


No comments: