Sunday, July 24, 2011

What was I thinking.

I made this little pin cushion a few weeks ago and once it was all finished I realised you can see the loose threads from the back of the work.  

I am so cross with myself for being careless and not making the back neat.  

This is something I do like to do - finish the back of my work neatly.  In fact I am a bit obsessed by it, so you can imagine I am not pleased.

The back is stitched together in blanket stitch and although I hate the thought of it I am going to have to unstitch it and fix it up.  Those loose threads will drive me mad.

 

5 comments:

Frances Leate said...

My style of embroidery is often rustic so I like to use a product like "Whisper Weft" on the back and it covers a multitude of sins like trailing threads. Happy stitching.

Anonymous said...

I am definitely not a perfectionist, but I would probably re do even for me. So I can understand your frustration. Your cushion is lovely none the less. xox Corrine

Anonymous said...

It's such a pretty little cushion, well worth the time to get it to your own high standards. Anne

Linda said...

What a shame Dian. I am sure it will bug you until it's done, good luck. I'm with Frances, and like Whisperweft for lots of body behind things. It's textured and hides a multitude of 'sins'..........and we all know I am an expert on sin...........LOL........ Happy 'unstitching'.

Radka said...

Oh yes, you will always see those threads, even if no one else will, what a shame :-( I am not that fussy myself about the back, as ong as I can cover it!!!