Tuesday, October 25, 2011



My wall hanging is finished (at last).


The backing fabric is black and I have decorated it with some twigs, leaves and small gum nuts from our garden.






Before I put it on the backing I damped stretched it.  The picture shows it pinned to the cork board ready for spraying with water.

I was a little concerned that some of the colour in the threads might run but all was well.

This is to hang in our lounge room.

I am pleased to see it finished because I have been distracted by other things lately

7 comments:

Radka said...

Absolutely stunning, Dian!
What a great addition to any home :)Where are you going to hang it?

Radka said...

Ups, sorry, did not read all, too busy looking at the picture! It deserves a prime place like the lounge room:)

shirley said...

stunning work Dian, it will look wonderfu on the wall. I love the way you have arranged the twigs, etc round the backing.

Jensters said...

Just my type of wallhanging Dianne and it will look even more wonderful when hanging on your wall x

Linda said...

What a lovely piece this has become. It has a lovely airy feel about it, indicative of eucalypt foliage of course. You've added a lovely touch with the branches, etc. The colours are certainly easily suited to any room's decor. You must be really thrilled with this one Dian.

Karyn said...

Oh dianne, this has turned out so well, I am glad you are putting it in a place where it can be seen. it has such a natural feel to it.

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing Dianne