Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday evening stitching

It is Sunday evening and while we watch the Rugby cup final I have been finishing off some of my buttons.  

We have had a lovely sunny and warm day today.  One of my daughters and her husband came for morning tea and while the men talked my daughter and I took their dogs for a lovely walk.  The spring gardens in our neighborhood are in full bloom and the air is full of beautiful aromas.  There is nothing quite like the smell of the eucalyptus trees when it is hot and dry.

Our next door neighbours have returned from their holiday in the uk.  I am not sure how they did it: they took their five year old daughter and 1 year old twin girls and managed to visit family and friends in Wales and the South of England as well as time in London, Disneyland in France and a few days in Spain.  


They are as unhappy about the screen as we are which is good.  I am sure we will be able to work out a solution!

Back to the stitching.  I am finding these buttons and brooches are really fun and give plenty of scope for creativity.  I think they would look great on a scarf or clipped to a bag. 

I hope everyone is looking forward to a busy and happy week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forget you are a whole day ahead. I am staeting mine and yours is over...loving these buttones. xox Corrine

Linda said...

Those buttons are a delight Dian, love seeing the way everyone is working through the class. Your's are so cheery.

Nice to know your neighbours are home, and you can see the little ladies again. I hope that screen issue is sorted soon.

We are slowly returning to normal October weather up here. Harvest not underway in earnest though.

artymess said...

lovely buttons ........x

shirley said...

Your buttons are beautiful dian, dont you wonder what those people in government departments are thinking...haven't they got some REAL work to do.

Juliettecherry said...

The buttons are turning out well. The little beads are particularly nice. They would indeed look lovely on a scarf.