Tuesday, October 29, 2013

From the garden to the beach

 Today I managed to spend several hours in my work space.


I just don't know how to be tidy and creative at the same time.





It is a good time of year to be creative: gifts to make and craft markets to do.







 
I spend some time and money at one of my favourite shops last week - here

Although most of what I am doing at present comes from my stash, I did need to replenish glues and some paper flowers.




This little hair clip features a paper rose and hand dyed cotton lace.


This is the top of a little box.  The beaded area is something I did years ago and I have added some tiny shells around the edge.

I first painted the box with gesso and then pale gold metallic paint. I added some texture paste to the top and the beaded piece and the shells are set into the paste. 

Tomorrow I shall finish this off.  I have a fairly clear idea of how it will look which is unusual.  Making things up as I go along is my usual way of working.

I trust those who are experiencing stormy weather are snug and safe. x


No comments: