I have been making a mask as a gift. It is something I am making up as I go along and so far it is going quite well.
I started off cutting out the shape on a piece of medium weight vilene - I then added a piece of pellon another piece of vilene and then some lightweight black fabric.
I stitched it together with 6 strands of black dmc cotton using a blanket stitch.
The next step was to add to the basic mask to personalise it. Bugle beads and tiny sequins secured with a bead form an arch over one eye. Kind of like eyelashes.
I cut up some black lace which had beads and silver sequens on flowers and leaves. Each flower is attached individually. I removed the silver sequins and added blue ones with black beads. I am not sure about the colour. I would have used black but my husband thought it needed colour.
To give it a bit more movement I added some black tulle to one side and behind the eyes.
This last pic is not very clear - I will take a better one tomorrow.