Wednesday, October 13, 2010

SPRING IN THE GARDEN

I picked this gorgeous rose last evening just before a storm blew in.  It is the first rose of the season and is called Just Joey.  

Several other roses are budding now so lots to look forward to.



This baby Galah was sitting on the bird feeder when I woke up yesterday.I was really worried because it didn't move when I approached: well it moved, and looked at me but didn't fly away.  Galahs are pretty timid and although they will come down onto the lawn to feed but if you move at all they fly away.  I thought I could catch it and take it to the wildlife rescue centre but when I moved really close it flew away.  Not far but higher in the trees.  I haven't seen it today so I trust it has survived.


All around us our neighbours' gardens are bursting into bloom.  On one side there are beautiful echiums.  We have some too but they are not blooming yet.

I noticed wonderful wisteria's up the road yesterday but didn't have my camera with me.

As you might guess I am not stitching much at present.  Too tired still.  Never mind I am sure to catch up eventually.

I am just watching the rescue of the miners from Chile.  Just one out so far.  Fingers & toes crossed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are up and about smelling the flowers!

Jensters said...

So glad your still blogging and please take a photo of the wisteria next time you pass as its my favourite....so glad the miners are finaly getting out.

Linda said...

Hi Dian, lovely to see you blogging. I am sure you will find your strength soon. Lovely rose. I need to replace two, and don't have anything that is in that colourway, so perhaps I'll try to get this one. Baby galahs are so cute. We are anxiously awaiting the debut viewing of our baby owls. I love Echiums, and I know you do as well. I too will look forward to any photos you may have of the Wisteria.