Friday, October 29, 2010


Yipppeee, I have finished another needlebook.  This is one I have really enjoyed making.  The original fabric had been sent to me.  I cut some "windows in the fabric and inserted another fabric
 in the space.  Onto this fabric I added different elements: some threads, some
other fabric and then covered them with organza and secured the lot with free machine stitching.
To make the needlebook I lined the fabric with some batting and then some fabric I had in my stash.  I made a cord to finish the edges and used some pink felt to accomodate needles.  The edges looked a bit bland so I stitched on some lace that I had dyed some time ago.  This seemed to finish it off nicely.  To fasten the "book" I made a cord on my machine and that just completed the project.

Now to finish the ironing!!!!


Suztats said...

Very nice needlebook! Hugs

Linda said...

This needlebook is so lovely Dian. Thanks for explaining how you created the outside fabric. It looks so pretty.

Hope the weather is kind down there.

Radka said...

Lovely needlebook, Dian. Love the colour:)