Saturday, November 19, 2011

cameras & windows

My camera is refusing to talk to me so I am showing you a picture of one of the side windows in our house.

It is typically Australian leaded glass work and several of the houses in this street have similar windows.  

I took this picture because I am thinking of moving the window panels to another area of the house.

Our new tv is opposite these windows and we find that during the day many of the programmes we view feature these gorgeous images.  The sun shines right on them which is beautiful but................

Anyway if anyone has suggestions about a new camera (easy to use and modest price) I would be glad to hear from you.  I feel quite lost without my constant companion.  My camera is like a second pair of eyes and a memory bank which I use often.  


Oh I meant to explain about the header:  when I was at the beach a couple of weeks ago the thong was on the beach - abandoned.  There was no-one swimming - in fact no one else on the beach at all.  It just needed to be photographed.


See I do need a camera.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about your camera...don't know what to suggest. I have a nikon coolpix which is pretty good and prices have cpme down here, but don't know about your neck of the woods...xoxmCorrine

Anonymous said...

Certainly know about there not being enough hours in the day to stitch. Puppy, paint brush and a garden to manage amongst other things makes it a bit hard at the moment LOL. Not sure about a camera but I would also move those panels of beautiful stain glass also. Too beautiful to throw out.

Karyn said...

I dont have any suggestions about a camera for you. We have a digital Pentax SLR (K100). I love it but am not sure about price etc, we bought it a few years ago. It does take great photos though.

Your window is aboslutely gorgeous Dianne. Was it already in the house or did you have it made? You dont want it shining on the tv when you are watching it. Good luck moving it.

Radka said...

I swear by my little Fuji, and they come in a range of prices:)

Linda said...

Hi Dian. What a lovely window, and I can see why you wouldn't want to lose it, although I know the problem with the relections in the TV, been there, done that!! I am sure you will find a clever solution.

I loved my CANON IXUS!! The NIKON is okay, but I think I'd buy a CANON next time. So many out there, hard to choose just one.......LOL....