Wednesday, January 18, 2012

books in the post

This week I have received 4 books in the post.

The first one was a gift from my friend Julie.  It is really gorgeous - the title is "An Elizabethan Christmas" by Sheila Marshall.  It provides detailed instructions for the creation of Elizabethan Christmas Tree Decorations.  I intend to put this one away until the winter.  These are the kind of projects to work on when the weather is cool and and house is warm and snug.  Thanks so much Julie for thinking of me and sending this book.

The other three are ones I ordered last week.  They are "Fabulous Surfaces" by Linda Monk, "Mixed Media: new studio techniques"
 by Isobel Hall and Maggie Grey and "Contrasting Elements" by Jan Maries.


I have plenty to read and to inspire me now.  I really don't know where to start.


I bought these books here

We are so lucky to have such beautiful books available at reasonable prices.

Thanks also to Linda for helping with including links in my posts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh Dian they sound scrumptious. I LOVE books. The Elizabethan Christmas sounds wonderful...are you going to show us some pics?

Anonymous said...

Oh they all sound juicy and you will dive in no doubt. xox Corrine

Karyn said...

I love getting books in the mail, and yours look fabulous!
Thanks for the link, I am going to have a good browse tomorrow.
Enjoy the books, I am sure they will help to inspire you, not that you lack any inspiration with the wonderful things you make.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new books. I especially like the sound of the christmas one. Might have to google it later and see a bit more about it. Cant wait to see what you make from the other books.

Linda said...

Isn't it wonderful to get books.........I just LOVE them, can't get enough really, except the bank account puts a curb on the spending at times......LOL.... The Christmas one should be fun too. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment out of all of them. So pleased you are having a bit more fun with Blogger.

Radka said...

Oh, I love books, there is never enough :) They all sound very good.
I love your header picture, by the way :)