Today I thought I would soak some fabric and lace for dying: I put a basin in the sink with Soda Ash and water and dunked some calico and lengths of lace and went on to mix the dye.
Then disaster struck: I knocked the container of blue dye into the basin of soda ash and fabric. As I was pressed for time I decided to drain as much of the liquid out as I could and then added a bit more dye and hope for the best. I put a little bit of red dye in the small pot and put some of the fabric from the blue mix into the red and now I will wait to see what I end up with.
To add to the mess, my gloves leaked and I have very colourful hands.