Saturday, May 14, 2011

extremes

Last Wednesday we left behind a cold, windy and wet Melbourne to travel north to a kinder clime.  When we arrived at Gold Coast Airport it was 21 degrees and the locals had their woollies on against the winter chill!
We have come to stay a few days with my father-in-law to make sure all is well with him and to have a little break from the pressure I was feeling at home.
Here there is no stress, just decisions about whether to swim in the surf or take a nap in the afternoon.
I have spent time with my sister-in-law who I first met in High School and with Elizabeth from http://elizabethanneembroideries.blogspot.com/ 
Both of these lovely ladies accompanied me to the local op shops in search of treasures.  We were not disappointed.  Pics later.  It is such a treat to be able to catch up with friends who live so far away and to be able to take up where we left off last time.

I will post some photos when I am home again in chilly Melbourne: I only have prepaid broadband here and it disappears pretty quickly when uploading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time Dian

Linda said...

Pleased the weather was kind for your trip Dian. So nice to hear you caught up with friends and relatives. I'm behind with blogging, sorry.