Friday, April 30, 2010

EXPERIMENTATION & UFOs

Today I have made a framed picture using a piece of free machine made lace on silk tulle, over a mirror with shells, leaves and seaweed I collected at the beach before we came to live here.


 I started making the lace more than two years ago and couldn't decide what to do with it so I am thrilled to have used it at last.  My husband really likes this piece and it can hang on the wall in our lounge room.

I bought the mirror in the frame from an op shop months ago so it has been a great success all around.

2 comments:

Radka said...

Dian, that is so beautiful! And what a great idea to put it over the mirror, it works so well!
Well done. I am not surprised you want to hang it where you can see it all the time, I am sure you are very proud if it, and with a good reason.

Elspeth said...

Dian, this is by far one of the most creative and inspiring things I've seen you do. I just LOVE it. The whole package seems to fall into place. Seeing what you are doing most certainly gives me so much enthusiasm. Thank you so much for your help in this amazing journey.