I have been working on my pleated piece of silk,which I think I have shown you before. Anyway, I am using this as an excuse to try lots of different things.
This will be another needlebook of course. The inside lining is a piece of fabric that I dyed earlier in the year. The colour is a bit cloying but it looks good with pink so now I can include some very pink pieces of fabric and lace. I managed to pick up some green felt in one of my favourite op shops and it is ideal to accomodate the needles.
On the inside of the back cover is a small square of fabric with hand made edging. It was badly stained so I added it to a batch of dying. It makes a perfect pocket to hold threads.
On the front I added a piece
of lace that had been on a very fine linen handkerchief which I used until it fell apart. The lace was still lovely though into the dye it went and came out so soft and pretty that I had to use it somewhere special.
On the inside I made this little pocket for the scissors: I had some tiny round doylies, one of them in a net and the other crochet. Once they were folded together they looked so pretty and delicate. I am trying to decide whether to add the bow.
Goodness I have rambled on a lot about this particular piece but I am enjoying it so much. It is more feminine and delicate than the things I usually do and has given me a chance to use some of my more precious pieces of vintage lace.