Thursday, November 1, 2012
I have spent a little time altering my picture of the Just Joey Rose. Using my photo shop options I added a speckled filter to the original pic.
The second one is created using picasa and picnik
I am hoping to print these on some fabric when I have some spare time.
While sorting through past projects I discovered this piece of embroidery I did some time ago. It is the cover of a needlebook and was really simple to do.
Onto a piece of poly cotton
sheeting I drew the design using water colour pencils and then I coloured it in, just as you would on paper.
After washing the colours are lovely and soft and I just hand stitched through the fabric and some batting and lining to give this quite detailed effect. I recommend this technique if you don't feel comfortable using dyes etc.
I know some of you have seen this before but I thought it was worth revisiting it.