Sunday, May 2, 2010

MAY AND NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS.

I am amazed to have reached May already and have still kept my resolution.  For those who don't know, I resolved not to buy any materials for my stitching/creations this year.  I have a huge stash of beautiful fabrics, threads and beads and as I don't follow instructions, but rather make things up as I go along, I don't need particular things for a project.

Although I haven't shopped, I have received some goodies in the mail from friends, so I have had plenty to inspire me.

Speaking of inspiration, I have taken some photos in the garden this weekend.  The grevilleas are looking especially good. I am not sure what the white flower is though.

2 comments:

Radka said...

Oh, this is going to be a hard year!

Elspeth said...

Dian, I love grevilleas, brilliant for bringing the birds. Is the white flower a Buddleia?? I've seen something similar in mauve [??], although I'm not a plant guru as such. Great pics BTW, always lovely to see, love flowers of all kinds.

I applaud you for your strong stance on using what you have. Wish I could be like you, but alas I've weakened a lot of times so far this year.