Tuesday, May 11, 2010


This is the first needlebook I made this year in my attempt to make 12 needlebooks in 12 months.
It was an experimental piece of fabric suggested by a challenge on the 3 creative studios forum.  Painting and  stitching on batting resulted in this very interesting piece of fabric and so I decided to make a needlebook from it.
The inside features a pocket for a clover thread cutter.  The design is my own.

For some other needlebooks see    http://billabongs2bling.blogspot.com


Radka said...

Another pretty project!

Elspeth said...

Great concept Dian, love the outside painting/stitching, and the lining is a pleasant contrast to it. That's a neat idea for the thread cutter. What a cool little stitching parcel it makes. This needlecase adventure certainly extends one's creativity.

JulietteCherry said...

Just catching up on your blog Dianne. I love the needlecase, it is so pretty.

You turn out some wonderfully imaginative ideas. Able to see beauty all around, and possibilites with all sorts of materials.