This is my December needlebook. It was very much a fun project. I was given some scaps of fabric & ribbon by a fellow embroiderer: her project wasn't working out so out came the stitches. I cannot waste such bits and pieces so they were added to my stash of similar scaps.
I decided to create some fabric using my felting/embellishing machine. I started with the scraps and ribbons and added some other fabrics and fibres. Having done that I fused some more scraps and some chiffon from an old scarf to the base fabric: after that I applied the heat gun and then fused some tulle on top. To break up the "neat" look I took to it with the soldering iron, just opening up a few areas to show
the original colours. I also added a bit of gold foil to lighten it up . Then I stitched some green braid on each end: I was going to line the inside but I realised the "wrong side" of the fabric looked really cool so I did some free machine stitching through the whole lot and
then stitched in some felt
and here it is - my final needlecase for the year.
Oh I also stitched some soft braid trim to the upper and lower edge and then painted some liumiere metallic paint to seal it.
It looks a bit dodgy but it actully feels really nice to use.