While I was away I managed to fit in quite a few hours of stitching.
We were travelling light so I just took some of santa's costume, a few threads and needles.
I finished adding the leaves but still have a few crystals to apply on the border of the skirt.
The bodice is to be decorated with some native flora. On the back and over one shoulder is some yellow wattle. One sleeve has some daisies and the front and another sleeve features gum blossom.
I am hoping to finish this project by Monday. There are still quite a few details to be taken care of but I am fairly confident it will look ok when I finish. I am especially pleased with the hands. They look really "human" in expression and colour.
The perfume from this gorgeous gardenia filled the humid air after a short rain shower. It is so creamy and perfect. It is in the garden of the house we stayed at in Noosaville.