Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I have had a lovely day today although the weather was very hot: 39 degrees and a hot northerly wind.

I spoke to Linda http://billabongs2bling.blogspot.com  
and she reassured me that they are safely high above the flood waters.  

Our neighbour kindly took a load of rubbish to the transfer station (tip) for us.  It means a lot as we are unable to do it ourselves.


I was able to do some sewing so I made this bag for my youngest grandson.  He turned 8 today.

It features eary model Holden cars and maps of Australia.  Inside I have put some pens and pencils and a book I made for him.  The book contains sheets of pictures for him to colour in.  He is mad on Scooby Doo so I printed the sheets off the internet.
I do hope he likes it.  It was fun to make and I had the fabric & the zip in my stash.  We will visit him tomorrow for cake & candles.


Altogether a lovely day.


HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS AND ENCOURAGEMENT THROUGHOUT THE PAST MONTHS.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hello again Dianne. Thank you so much for your concern. Water still rising, be we're still fine. Others not so lucky. I love the fabric in the bag, so cool. I'm sure your grandson will have heaps of fun with the drawings. Have a lovely day with him tomorrow, and my love and best wishes to you and all your family for a healthy, happy and safe 2011. Here's to all of us!!!

Anonymous said...

Great bag, I am sure he will love it. Happy New Year to you and glad we met this year. xox corrine