Friday, March 16, 2012

back to the stitching at last

 At last I have had a little time to finish off a work in progress.


You might remember this little stitchery from a few days ago.


Well I decided it would make a good box top - but what kind of box?




 I had bought a couple of little wooden pieces in a second hand shop some months ago.  They have been in the cupboard just waiting for me to be inspired.

It turned out that the little piece of stitching was exactly the right size so I found a metal circle (button back) and glued some padding on both sides of the circle and attached the fabric.  The back is finished with green felt to give a neat appearance and I am really pleased with this little project.  I am not sure what I will use this for - perhaps pins or pot pouri.  


The important thing is that I have made something from beginning to end.  Quite an achievement for me at present with most of my time going into painting the house.

4 comments:

Karyn said...

i love your little wooden box Dianne and the lid you have, are for it is just perfect. It is good to have a finish isn't it? I have too many things on the go I think.

Anonymous said...

Sweet, I love small boxes like this. Lovely work. xox

Anonymous said...

This looks really sweet Dian.I love little things too.

Linda said...

The embroidery is really beautiful Dian, you must be really pleased with it. I love anything to do with timber, so it's a winner as far as I'm concerned. I hope your weekend is a little bit relaxing, and you are too tired. Take care.