The first pot was too blue so we had to go back and decide on another colour to try. The young woman in the paint department was happy to discuss the tints that made up the final colours I was looking at which was really helpful. We finally settled on Malay Gray for the window frames and other trims and Burnished Bark for the steps and decking.
Now that the decisions have been made and we are both happy with the colour scheme I feel as though a burden has been lifted. I know it sounds silly but I was dreaming about paint colours last night.
Anyway I have decided to make another knot garden and I managed to sketch up a preliminary design to work on.
I am going to use felt for the background on this project and as you can see I have plenty to choose from.
I might even use my embellishing machine for some of the elements.
In the meantime I will keep on with my painting: it really provides a lot of thinking time once the decisions are made.