Saturday, June 2, 2012
I have managed to do quite a lot more work on this felted piece.
Yesterday I went to my textile group at the art group and took my pfaff embellishing machine with me.
It is amazing how much you can do if you devote time to it.
I added quite a lot of synthetics to the surface: this blunts the needles and eventually breaks them. I only had 4 (of five) needles left and by the end of the session I had 2 left.
Since then I have been using the clover hand needlefelting tool to add more wool and silk.
The bottom left hand corner is built up with grey silk and then some mossy green silk on top.
The burnt tree is built up with a lot of very fine silk fibres: a few added at a time.
I am going to frame this piece so before I go any further I will try to fine some mounting board and mat to see how it looks.