Saturday, July 14, 2012

cakes by Dian, stand from Salvos



I don't do a lot of baking but today is so cold I thought it would be nice to have something sweet in the pantry so I made some muffins.

 
 These are just plain ones and I am not sure what possessed me when I added pink colouring to the icing.


The cake stand is really pretty: I bought it at the Salvos when I was in Bendigo last time.




The pantry is replenished with a dozen carrot cake muffins and the mix for a boiled fruit cake is on the cook top.

Sometimes I even surprise myself.








 

7 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

Dianne, I love that cake stand.Oh and the pink icing is perfect.Makes me want to rush out and do some baking!!But I have to plant up my urn with cheery plants for me to see from my sewing room.All looks dull and gloomy!Brr it's cold today!

margaret said...

the cakes look mouth watering Dianne, dare not bake as I can not resist cakes but if there are none do not miss them.
A great cake tatnd, they are very popular here at the moment, all to do with cup cakes being so fashionable.

Katherine said...

Should go op shopping with you Dian. WHat delicious cakes on that great stand

Radka said...

Yummy! And great presentation :-)

Jensters said...

They look so yummy Dianne.

Judys Lace Creations said...

Thanks Dianne.Yes dress forms are lovely things. I found a new one yesterday.It is quite big(about 3'tall), but "ripe" for decoration.Did you get my little parcel with the shoes and birdie brooches?

Linda said...

What a lovely cake keeper. It reminds me of something my grandmother used to use. Your little cakes looks so sweet, and yummy for that matter. I'm with Margaret, love cake if it's there, but don't worry if it's not. You have been busy with your cooking though.