Thursday, April 19, 2012

decorative book


I have quite a number of "display" books: these have hard covers and blank pages which make them ideal for a bit of decoration and embellishment.

Most of them have white covers but I have a few with black covers as well.  

I decided to prepare one of the black ones with a light coat of white transparent gesso.  Once this was dry (overnight)  I applied a layer of  molding paste to the front of the book creating a fan like pattern.

I have not used this material before but I found it really easy to work with and have lots of plans for the future projects.

The paste takes quite a while to dry so I left it for a couple of days and then used some of my lumiere paints to add a little colour. 

Tomorrow I intend to add a bit more to it: I am not sure what yet.

In the meantime I have applied some paste to one of the white books - I will post some pics of that soon.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great, Modeling paste is fun and has some great textural effects. xox

Linda said...

Looks like you are making a great start Dian. Those books are just calling out for some creative thinking, aren't they.