Thursday, April 19, 2012
I have quite a number of "display" books: these have hard covers and blank pages which make them ideal for a bit of decoration and embellishment.
Most of them have white covers but I have a few with black covers as well.
I decided to prepare one of the black ones with a light coat of white transparent gesso. Once this was dry (overnight) I applied a layer of molding paste to the front of the book creating a fan like pattern.
I have not used this material before but I found it really easy to work with and have lots of plans for the future projects.
The paste takes quite a while to dry so I left it for a couple of days and then used some of my lumiere paints to add a little colour.
Tomorrow I intend to add a bit more to it: I am not sure what yet.
In the meantime I have applied some paste to one of the white books - I will post some pics of that soon.